As a rail engineering technician, you would supervise the installation of our products and service the electromechanical systems on locomotives, passenger trains and other rolling stock. If you’ve got good mechanical and electrical skills, and you can work with technical drawings, this job could suit you well.
To be good at this job you should also have good problem-solving skills. You should be able to work in a team and be physically fit.
To become a rail engineering technician you normally need experience of working as a mechanical fitter, electrician or craftsperson in another industry.
As a rail engineering technician, your duties could include:
- advise and supervise the installation of our products in trains
- perform and document in-field installation tests
- routine monitoring of installed systems, carrying out regular maintenance checks on systems
- inspecting of non-performing installed components
- first-level support of customers
- repairing or replacing parts (hardware and software)
- interaction with second-level support and factory where necessary
- spare part management
- writing reports and updating maintenance records.
For most tasks you would use a range of hand and power tools, including brazing equipment, and you would follow technical plans drawn up by senior technicians or engineers.
To become a rail engineering technician you normally need experience of working as a mechanical fitter, electrician or craftsperson in another industry. For example, a background as a coach builder or motor vehicle technician may be helpful.
To be a rail engineering technician you should have:
- excellent electrical skills
- very good mechanical and IT skills are of great benefit
- good general problem-solving skills
- the ability to work alone and as part of a team
- willingness and flexibility to travel
- good communication skills
- German/English and maths skills to work with technical drawings and write reports
- a knowledge of safe working practices
- an understanding of industry quality standards
- a good level of fitness
- a willingness to work flexibly to cover shifts and unsocial hours.
If this open position is of interest to you, we are happy to receive your application, preferably electronically. Please include a CV as well as copies of the latest educational certificates including marks.